Cheese Sambousek. Honey Tests Millions Of Promo Codes So You Don't Have To. Fold the top half of the dough over the cheese and press the edges firmly to seal. Use a fingertip to crimp the edge of the dough back on itself, forming a fluted border.
There are many different variations of fillings for sambousek, two of the most popular are ground beef and cheese. Cheese Sambousek are a popular item on a mezza table and during special occasions. This cheese borekas (sambousek) recipe is our grandmother's recipe, it is a real treat, buttery flaky dough filled with cheese. You can cook Cheese Sambousek using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese Sambousek
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter, equivalent to 1/2 stick, heated for 15 seconds in microwave.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- Prepare 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, thick style.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried mint.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley leaf, flat.
- Prepare of pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
It is worth the time it takes to make them. Warning: they will not last long. Everybody loves sambousek and Ramadan is the perfect time for it. PUCK Cream Cheese will make it tastier and more special.
Cheese Sambousek instructions
- In Food processor or in stand up mixer, put flour, salt and sugar and mix..
- Add egg and melted butter and then gradually add water until a ball forms..
- Rest dough for 30 minutes in oil coated bowl and cover it, so the dough doesn't dry..
- In the meanwhile, prepare stuffing: In a bowl mix mozzarella cheese, parsley, mint, salt, pepper and olive oil..
- After the dough had rested dust some flour on a hard surface. Do not use a lot of flour because you want the dough to still stick to each other when forming the crescents..
- Form the dough into a big round circle and using a cover of a Tupperware or anything round that has edges, cut circles through the dough..
- Take the irregular shaped dough out and form a ball, then let it rest for about 15 minutes..
- Now put some stuffing in the circle slightly to one side but keep it away from the edges..
- Then close the dough as if forming a semi circle and then with holding the bottom part and pulling it up with a twisting motion all the way until it closes. You can also use a fork dipped in egg wash to seal the edges, although I don't know how the cheese would hold in there while frying..
- After you finish all the pies and after the leftover dough from the previous circle has rested for 15 minutes, repeat the previous steps..
- Heat fryer to 350 degrees and deep fry pies until light golden brown..
Cheese Sambousek are a popular item on a mezza table and during special occasions. They are also enjoyed with a glass of mint tea for an afternoon snack. Try this dish : BOOK NOW Shaped and prepared like ghughras, the Spinach and Cheese Sambousek is a famous Lebanese dish that features a plain flour shell containing a succulent spinach and cheese mixture. We have used crumbled feta cheese as it gives the most authentic flavour and texture to this dish. The spinach and cheese mixture is perked up with chopped onions, garlic and aromatic Baharat powder, an exquisite.