Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto. See recipes for Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto too. Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto. I served it with a vegan Italian sausage on the side.
This cacio e pepe spaghetti squash recipe has turned out to be one of my favorites. I had read a few articles about cacio e pepe pasta and how it's becoming so popular for such a simple dish. I was a little nervous about making it with spaghetti squash, because spaghetti squash can sometimes taste sweet. You can have Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto
- You need 1 of medium spaghetti squash.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 c of chives, washed and chopped roughly.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of chopped garlic, divided.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt, divided.
- You need 1/4-1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper.
- It’s 3 of raw brazil nuts.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4-1/3 c of grated parmesan cheese, divided.
Rachael Ray shared three fresh ways to top the pasta substitute Spaghetti Squash, with ideas like Cacio e Pepe, Spinach-Walnut Pesto, and Romesco sauce. Halve squash along the length and put on baking trays, with cut side down. This baked spaghetti squash recipe is very simple. It's inspired by a classic dish, cacio e pepe, which calls for tossing noodles with nothing more than olive oil, pasta cooking liquid, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto instructions
- Bake spaghetti squash at 400° F for 50- 60 minutes until well cooked..
- Melt butter in a pan. Add 1 heaping spoonful of chopped garlic or 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped to butter and heat gently until garlic is golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you like a traditional cacio e pepe with a lot of pepper flavor, use a full tsp..
- Chop chives to macerate and smash brazil nuts with a heavy knife handle until well crushed. Squeeze lemon juice on chives, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and add a 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic to chives. Mix and crush together with brazil nuts with a fork to make a quick pesto. Let flavors meld while preparing the rest of dish..
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Use a fork to separate squash strands and place in a bowl. Add garlic butter and most of parmesan. Reserve 2-3 tbsp to top dish. Mix well..
- Plate, top with chive pesto and remaining parmesan cheese. You may return squash to squash shells, broil in oven then top with chive pesto and cheese then serve if desired..
Here, baked spaghetti squash, pulled with a fork to create noodles, replaces the more traditional pasta. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the squash from the oven and brush the cut sides with the garlic butter. Let cool slightly and preheat the broiler on high. Shred the squash with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.