Ribs, in the oven. Oven-baking ribs cooks the meat at low heat, transforming it from tough to tender for that perfect fall-off-the-bone-when-you-bite-it texture. If your ribs have a thin membrane over the bones on the backside, remove by carefully sliding a knife under membrane and then peel. Before you cry blasphemy at thought of cooking ribs in an oven rather than on a grill as nature intended, hear us out.
How to Cook Ribs in the Oven. In this recipe, the ribs are roasted low and slow to get the most melt-in-your-mouth tender meat. Peel the thin silvery skin off the back before cooking. You can have Ribs, in the oven using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ribs, in the oven
- It’s of ribs.
- Prepare 4 1/2 lb of pork spareribs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of bourbon sauce.
- It’s 200 ml of bourbon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey, I used orange blossom honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
Rinse your ribs in cold water and dab dry. (They often have small bone shards). Massage rib rub into the meat and place meat down on a baking sheet. Turn and baste meat every twenty minutes with remaining sauce, using all sauce by two hours. Continue turning and basting ribs using sauce in the pan during the last hour of baking.
Ribs, in the oven instructions
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Remove silver skin membrane from ribs. Rinse the ribs and dry. Add salt and pepper. Put in oven. For an hour 30 minutes.
- In a pot heat butter. Add honey, dry mustard, ketchup, onion powder, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer..
- Simmer 7 minutes. Add sugar, then add bourbon. Simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly. Simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- When ribs are done. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice serve with sauce on or to the side. Hope you enjoy!.
Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil and generously brush both sides with barbecue sauce. Optional: Move an oven rack near to the top of the oven. Baking the ribs: Place the ribs in a preheated oven. Put them back to the oven until they're done. To sauce the ribs, remove the cooking tray from the oven and thickly brush the sauce over both sides of the ribs.