Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie. Overview Information Rhubarb is a plant. The root and underground stem (rhizome) are used to make medicine. The stalk of rhubarb is also consumed as food.
Historically, different plants have been called "rhubarb" in English. The fleshy, edible stalks of other species and hybrids (culinary rhubarb) were cooked and used for food. Rhubarb can also be planted in the fall after dormancy has set in. You can have Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie
- You need 6 of Rhubarb (no leaves, red part peeled).
- Prepare of Strawberries (I used 8 big ones).
- You need 150 gr of chocolate milk.
- It’s 50 ml of Heavy milk.
- It’s 70 gr of butter (aprox).
- It’s 24 of Oreo cookies.
Be sure to mix compost, rotted manure, or anything high in organic matter in the soil. Apples-to-rhubarb mixture can be tweaked depending on how much you like rhubarb or how tall you want the crisp to be. This recipe is a great way to use it, and people will devour it.. Though tart and slightly sour when raw, rhubarb is surprisingly sweet and versatile in these delicious recipes.
Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie step by step
- Once you peeled the Rhubarb, cut the red 'crust', cut in bits and put in Ziploc bag with 5 spoons of sugar (I used plain white but brown is better). Shake once in a while!.
- Do the same with the strawberries. Put hem in a bowl with sugar and a bit water. This will take away the acid. The more you leave them like this in the fridge like this the sweeter!.
- Take the Oreos (only the black part) and put them inside another Ziploc bag. The white part I set it aside for the ganache but you can use it in here too. With an empty wine bottle smash the Oreos. Microwave 15 secs the butter and add it to the Oreos. Put this mix in the mold..
- Cover the Rhubarb with water and add a couple more spoons of sugar. Boil till the consitency looks like this. Then add to the mold..
- Take the chocolate and the milk (I added a tablespoon of butter) for the ganache. Put inside of tiny pan and put that pan in a bigger pot with boiling water..
- Add the strawberries to the mold anyway you like. I tried to make it pretty but failed..
- Add the chocolate ganache. Freeze for one hour and then move to the refrigerator! Done!!.
Make the most of it with fresh cocktails, decadent desserts and meaty main dishes. Rhubarb is not especially rich in essential nutrients, and its calorie content is low. Pour the stewed rhubarb over ice cream, cakes or use it as a syrup for pancakes or waffles. Rhubarb is a good source of vitamin K that is associated with promoting osteotropic activity, meaning that it stimulates bone growth and repair. Combined with the rich amount of calcium and other minerals found in rhubarb, the vegetable as a whole is a major player in bone protection.