Oven Baked Golden Chicken. Rao's will take your Chicken Cacciatore to the next level with our Roasted Garlic Sauce. We make our sauces slowly so you can make delicious meals fast. Grab a recipe and try now!
Americans have a voracious appetite for chicken. Bake a delicious golden brown chicken in less than two hours in your oven. Incorporate fresh ingredients and fragrant herbs to improve the taste of the chicken. You can have Oven Baked Golden Chicken using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Golden Chicken
- It’s 6 lb of whole chicken.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of total seasoning blend.
- You need pinch of basil.
- You need pinch of oregano.
If the chicken breasts are very large, use a roasting pan with a rack to allow the chicken to sit above the bottom of the pan. Since the roasting time will be longer, the butter and any drippings could begin to smoke, so add about a cup of water to the bottom of the pan before placing in the oven. Place oil and butter in a shallow baking pan and set in the oven to heat and melt. Combine the flour and seasonings and dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
Oven Baked Golden Chicken step by step
- Fully thaw out the whole chicken..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Open the chicken and pull out the neck, liver and heart from the inside. And stretch out all the parts and check for any feathers..
- Put chicken on cookie sheet and let sit and air dry. Mix butter, salt, black pepper, basil and oregano in small bowl..
- Mix in lime juice in butter mixture. If mixture is to thin put in freezer for a few minutes..
- Stretch chicken skin from back spine and carefully not to break it.
- Stuff butter mixture under the skin and rub mixture from top to make sure mixture is in legs and breast and thigh good..
- Grease baking dish. Put chicken in dish and put total seasoning blend on top of chicken..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and cover the wing tips with foil and cook for another 15minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool and enjoy.
Remove hot pan from the oven and arrange the chicken in the pan skin side down,but do not crowd. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture. Dip chicken thighs into the flour mixture, followed by beaten eggs, and then into the panko mixture.