Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams. Great recipe for Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whoever said seafood and cheeses don't mix – was a total dumbass.
It's of [☆ clams are easy enough to open on your own – or, ask butcher]. See more ideas about Stuffed quahogs, Clam recipes, Seafood recipes. It's really easy, you put the clams directly over the hot fire and as soon as the shells pop open, you. You can cook Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams
- It’s of ● For The Seafoods [chopped clams & crab meant for stuffing].
- It’s 12 of Raw Giant Quahog Clams On The Half Shell [size of large hand].
- You need of [☆ clams are easy enough to open on your own – or, ask butcher].
- Prepare 12 oz of Can Chopped Clams In Juice [drained – reserve juice].
- You need 8 oz of Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- Prepare of ● For The Clam Stuffing.
- Prepare of Your 12 oz Drained Can Of Pre-steamed Clams [minced].
- You need 8 oz of Your Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- You need 4 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fine Minced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need of use as needed Reserved Clam And Crab Juice [to moisten stuffing].
- You need of ● For The Toppings [to taste or, as needed].
- It’s of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of Your Favorite Hot Sauce.
- You need Leaves of Fresh Parsley.
- It’s of Lemon Wedges.
- You need of ● For The Options [to taste – all super fine minced & pan fried].
- It’s as needed of Salted Butter.
- Prepare to taste of Vidalia Onions.
- You need to taste of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare to taste of Orange Bell Peppers.
- You need to taste of Celery With Leaves.
- You need to taste of Fried Chopped Bacon.
The store-bought stuffed quahogs are loaded with lots of breading and very little clams. A lot of restaurants use butter and a lot of breading, and maybe a tad more clams than the store-bought kind, but not by much, which is why making your own is so much better. Stuffed Quahog – mildly spiced Buffalo Chicken Tenders – Served with our famous Bleu cheese dressing Potato skins Dulce De Leche Cheesecake. Here is how you achieve that.
Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams step by step
- Mix your stuffing well and heat. Use reserved clam juice if you feel your stuffing is too dry. You'll want it somewhat moist. No need to fry your stuffing if opting out of the fresh veggies. Just heat/steam in microwave..
- Dislodge clams from shell and put back into place. Reserve any fluids if you possibly can..
- If incorporating the fresh veggies, fry in butter until translucent. About 3 minutes for fine minced. Then add stuffing. My students opted for both versions..
- Pack stuffing tightly and generously on your raw giant clams. Grill for 7 minutes covered at 400°. Or, until they're bubbling. Add cheeses at the finish and allow to melt..
- Serve these delicious appetizers with hot sauces to the side. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
Ingredients of Dulce De Leche Cheesecake You need of Crust. Prepare of Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs. Whoever said seafood and cheeses don't mix – was a total dumbass. Our original stuffies contain a clam stuffing and are topped with dried parsley. Our linguica stuffies contain a clam and linguica sausage stuffing and are topped with dried paprika for a spicy kick.