Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions. Add the Italian sausage links and cook, turning frequently, until well browned. Add the sausage to the crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. Serve the sausages with peppers and some of the sauce on hoagie rolls.
You'll need a great slow cooker for this sausage peppers and onions crock pot recipe. I can't survive without my crock pot. It gets used everyday in my household. You can cook Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- You need 1 of large pack hot or sweet Italian sausages.
- You need 2 of green peppers, sliced.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 15 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1-24 ounce of bottle of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s Dash of black pepper.
This Ninja cooker is my absolute favorite. The nice thing about this slower cooker is the stove top feature which allows you to be able to brown meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that require this. Crockpot Sausage and Peppers – Tasty Italian sausage is simmered in the crockpot with marinara sauce, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning! This sausage and peppers makes for an easy weeknight dinner served in a hoagie roll or over pasta – it's also perfect to make a big batch of for game day!
Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions instructions
- Boil your sausages in a large pot for 45 minutes……
- Drain water from sausages…..I let mine get a little bit browned in the pan after draining the water……
- Add to crockpot : drained sausages, green peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and pasta sauce, stir until sausages are fully coated……
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours… Stirring occasionally…….
- Serve on hot dog buns or hoagie rolls and enjoy !!!.
Italian sausage is made in two varieties: hot and sweet (or mild). The flavoring for both is almost the same, using basil, garlic, parsley, paprika, fennel, and oregano, but the hot variety also uses crushed red pepper flakes. These Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers are so tasty and incredibly flavorful and simple to make. Italian sausage, peppers, onions and seasoning. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville.