Crockpot Dressing. To make the slow cooker stuffing in the oven, prepare as directed using the full amount of broth. Larger slow cookers will also work. This crockpot dressing is made with equal parts cornbread and toasted bread cubes, which provides a nice mix of sweet cornbread and tasty goodness from bread.
This is absolutely the best dressing I have ever had and so simple to make. Put it in the crock pot and forget it. If stuffing is done before your meal is ready it can remain on warm. You can cook Crockpot Dressing using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Dressing
- It’s 2 boxes of your favorite dressing.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and onion until tender. Place stuffing cubes, celery mixture and seasonings in a large bowl; toss to combine. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. When melted, add celery, onion, and herbs.
Crockpot Dressing instructions
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients mix.
- This does not take long to cook at all, on high my crockpot had it done in 30- 45 mins ( this was done in my big crockpot because my smaller one was being used, this can be done in a 4 qt. For a more wet Sticky dressing add more chicken stock 1/2 cup, or so. Can Substitute cream of Mushroom for cream of celery or cream of chicken.
Free up some oven space this Thanksgiving and make a classic cornbread dressing in your slow cooker. On Thanksgiving morning, simply mix your ingredients, put them in the slow cooker, and let it do the work for you. You could also make it a day ahead and simply reheat on low in the slow cooker, or even freeze it further in advance. Aside from the turkey, the dressing (or stuffing, if you. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.