Broiled white fish over rice and vegetables. Stir in water, seasoning packet from rice mix and lemon peel. Grease your grill- pan with the olive oil. Place the fillets and bell pepper in the pan, squeeze the lemon.
Health experts tell us we should be eating more fish. We seek out salmon, trout, tuna, cod, halibut, and mackerel. But sometimes a recipe calls simply for "white fish." If you're not familiar with the family of fish called "white fish," the term refers to any white-fleshed fish like cod, tilapia, flounder, sole, halibut, snapper, catfish, haddock, and grouper. You can have Broiled white fish over rice and vegetables using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broiled white fish over rice and vegetables
- You need 400 grams of White fish fillet (basa or talapia).
- It’s 1 cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 400 grams of Fresh mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sazon seasoning with achiote.
Apply a light coat of olive oil to the broiling pan and then place the fillets it. Drizzle with lemon or lime juice. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning and lightly with paprika, if desired. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, bring to a boil.
Broiled white fish over rice and vegetables instructions
- Bring water to a boil, then add rinced rice and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat until done.
- Preheat oven to broil medium high about 180c degrees.
- Place fish fillet in baking dish and season with old bay amd sazon, broil for 15 – 20 minutes watching it as ovens vary.
- Steam mixed vegetables for 15 minutes.
Cut the fish into smaller pieces and blot it dry with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. It should still be partly raw in the center. Place whitefish in pan, then add water (do not spray pan as skin will come off when cooked). Brush with butter, then add Chef Frank's Seasoning to taste, and squeezed lemon. As soon as the fish flakes, it's done.