Apple white cheddar grilled cheese. On rainy days when we need comfort food in a hurry, I toast sandwiches of cinnamon-raisin bread with white cheddar, apple and red onion. They also are totally tasty made with vegan cheese and olive oil instead of butter! —Kathy Patalsky, New York, New York. Tear in half and set aside.
This post is sponsored by Kettle Brand Chips. Top each with two slices of cheese, the apple slices, a third slice of cheese and another piece of bread. About this Apple Grilled Cheese: This Apple Grilled Cheese is also all about balance. You can have Apple white cheddar grilled cheese using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple white cheddar grilled cheese
- It’s 4 slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread.
- It’s 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese 3 oz.
- It’s 1 of small apple thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of thin slice red onion separate into rings.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes optional.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
The sweet caramelized onions and apples balance with the savory blend of white cheddar and brie cheeses. The bitter Dijon mustard and crunchy walnuts provide even more flavors and textures that make this the best toasted sandwich you've ever made at home. Apple white cheddar grilled cheese step by step. Top with the apple and onoin.
Apple white cheddar grilled cheese instructions
- Layer each of two bread slices with 1 slice cheese.
- Top with the apple and onoin.
- If desired sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet toast sandwiches over medium low heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted..
If desired sprinkle with pepper flakes. Top with the remaining cheese and bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter. It's a spinoff of this Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette, which is a reader favorite and the addition of chicken is a great new twist. There are juicy apples, salty white cheddar cheese, chewy orange-flavored dried cranberries, and almonds for extra crunch.