Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken For Tacos. In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for seven to eight hours.
For the chicken, we use boneless skinless chicken thighs because they have more internal fat, more flavor, and they hold up better to long slow cooking than breasts. For the rub, we are using chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, onion. Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving sauce in slow cooker. You can have Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken For Tacos using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken For Tacos
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 Jar of Salsa Verde.
- You need 1 of packer Sazón Goya seasoning.
Return to slow cooker; stir until chicken is evenly coated with sauce. CrockPot Chicken Tacos are an easy family favorite meal! A handful of ingredients tossed into the slow cooker makes the most tender flavorful chicken for tacos (or for Chicken Enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos and more)!. Add chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes and seasoning and let the slow cooker do all of the work.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken For Tacos step by step
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour Salsa Verde on top of chicken.
- Add season packet to empty jar and fill with water, shake to mix, pour over chicken.
- Turn slow cooker on to high and cook 4 hours or low and cook 6 hours..
- In large bowl place chicken and shred as desired.
- Use leftover juice as substitute for water for amazing rice (1 cup rice to 2 cups juice).
Chicken tacos are a popular dinner in my house. We love tacos because they are so customizable. You can switch up the meat, toppings, and tortillas, so you may never eat the same taco twice! Tacos always keep the family running home for dinner. Here's a new take on classic pulled chicken tacos, with a hint of sweet orange, tangy lime and savory soy sauce.