Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak. Great recipe for Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak. When I was a child, my mom would make us Steak-umms about every other month. She would pull apart the two pieces of steak slices, then cut those pieces in half.
This Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich is your favorite flavors straight from Philly in a melt-in-your-mouth, tender Crockpot version! Perfect for a weeknight, your next get together, tailgating, or even Sunday Supper! Beef chuck roast is slow cooked to tender perfection in an easy, from scratch au jus with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. You can have Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of bottom round steak, sliced.
- You need 2-3 of bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dry basil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 6 of hero/ grinder rolls.
- It’s 1/2 lb of any cheese you prefer, sliced.
Serve on toasted buns with melty cheese and it. Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks. Sauce in this hearty, comfort food recipe. This is an easy slow cooker recipe that the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak step by step
- Slice the steak as thinly as possible. (If you can, have your butcher slice the steak for you. If not, that is fine.) Rub the spices onto the slices of steak. Place the steak in refrigerator. Let the spices marinate for 1-2 hours..
- Turn on your broiler, then place the steak into the oven. Cook the steak for 6-8 minutes, until browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes..
- When the steak has cooled, put the steak into the slow cooker. They may overlap..
- Add the onion and peppers into the slow cooker as well now..
- Pour the broth over the onions, peppers, and steak. Stir to mix..
- Place the cover on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 6-8 hours. We cooked it for 7 hours and it was perfect..
- Put two slices of cheese on a sliced roll, then pile the steak, peppers, and onion on top of them. Serve with fries, a salad, vegetables, or eat it alone..
All opinions expressed are my own. Slow cooker Philly cheesesteak sandwiches recipe. Boneless beef round steak with vegetables and Worcestershire sauce cooked in a slow cooker and served with mozzarella cheese on broiled hoagie rolls. Make hoagie rolls for cheesy steak sandwiches at home. She would pull apart the two pieces of steak slices, then cut those pieces in half.