Haunch of venison oven roast. This should give you medium-rare meat: just pink in the middle. It refers to any cut of meat that comes from the deer. The roast cut is the best for this venison roast recipe.
For this recipe, you will learn how to roast a haunch of venison. Served with the roast haunch of venison were horseradish mashed potatoes, roast potatoes done in beef dripping, honey roast parsnips, cauliflower, peas and rich roast gravy. The heat of the horseradish goes really well with venison and the sweetness of the parsnips rounds it off. You can cook Haunch of venison oven roast using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Haunch of venison oven roast
- It’s 2 kg of haunch of venison.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 3 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 6 of bay leafes.
- Prepare 10 of pieces of allspice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 10 of prunes.
- Prepare 1 of bottle of spiced redwine.
- Prepare 1 of glass of redwine.
- It’s 1/2 liter of stock (vegetable or venison).
- Prepare 100 ml of cream.
- It’s 100 grams of fat.
- It’s 1 of flour or starch.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of venison-spice.
How To Roast A Haunch Of Venison. This is the most simple and easiest way,to Roast A Haunch of venison,a great method that will give you great results every t. Roast for the calculated time, basting frequently with the juices in the pan. Place the venison onto the trivet which should line the base of the tray.
Haunch of venison oven roast instructions
- On the day before: Bone the haunch of venison. Preheat oven to 220 °C. Roast the bones in a casserole about 20 min in the oven. After that reduce heat to 160 °C and add 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 3 garlic cloves and the onion, chopped in big chunks. Put tomato paste in as well. Let it roast about 15 min. At least put the glass of wine, stock, 5 pieces of allspice, 3 bayleafes and the prunes in and let it cook about 2 h. Pour the liquid through a siff in a cooking pot and leave for next day..
- While you are reducing the sauce in the oven, bind the haunch with butchers string and put it in a bowl..
- Put the spiced wine in a cooking pot on the oven. Slice the celery and carrots and add them to the wine. Put remaining allspice, garlic and bayleaves in as well. Let it cook about 30 min and let it cool down. Once cooled, add to the haunch, put a lid on the bowl and leave it in the fridge til next day..
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Take the haunch out of its marinade and dry it. Put it in a roasting tray, add salt and some fat (butter or oil, as you like) and put it in the oven gor 25 min. Then reduce heat to 90 °C and let it cook about 3 h (should be about 70 °C in the middle of the haunch).
- About 1/2 h before the haunch is ready, put the sauce on heat and let it reduce. When the haunch can be taken out, let it rest in foil for at least 20 min. Put cream in the sauce and taste it with salt, pepper and venison-spice. Thicken the sauce with flour or starch ..
- Enjoy! Potato dumplings fit well..
Whether it's a haunch of venison, venison saddle, shoulder of venison, or any other venison cut, this page will tell you how to roast venison perfectly. It tells you how long your venison needs to cook, hints and tips on the best way to cook your roast venison, and some ideas for the best venison recipes around. How To Cook Venison Roast In The Oven. Here is my three-pound venison shoulder roast. I took it out of the freezer yesterday to let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.