Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes. If you are going to work, or just have a busy day, place the roast, potatoes and the carrots in the crock pot and by dinner time you will be happy that you made this. Crock Pot Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots. This Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe is one of my family favorites.
Combine all dry seasonings and rub onto roast. Use olive oil to brown the roast. The Perfect Crock Pot Roast should be full of flavor and fall a part tender. You can have Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes
- You need 2 1/2 lb of chuck roast.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion.
- You need 1 (22 oz) of can cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
Notes on the Perfect Crock Pot Roast Recipe. We used brown gravy mix in this recipe. I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol' Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). Once the time is up, check the crock pot roast internal temperature.
Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes step by step
- Wash potatoes and put in crockpot..
- Cut onion into largish bite size pieces and add to crockpot with potatoes..
- Put roast on top, sprinkle on onion soup mix, pepper, and pour in cream of mushroom and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4-6 hours on high..
- With the two soups and the juices from the roast, this will make its own gravy, just pull out the meat and potatoes and stir, you will have to let it sit for a few min then spoon off the fat..
Slow-simmered and seasoned with rosemary, mustard and thyme, this tender and tasty crock pot roast and potatoes recipe is so easy to make and always a hit. Substitute burgundy or brandy plus a half-cup of water for the broth…the aroma of this English roast recipe is wonderful! —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania Roasted potatoes are a natural side dish to go with Roast Chicken or Pot Roast. However, often my crockpot or slow cooker is not large enough to cook the potatoes with the chicken or roast. That is why I have multiple slow cookers so I can roast the potatoes in one slow cooker and a roast or chicken in the other crockpot. This results in perfectly moist, fall-apart meat.