Crock-Pot Pork Chili. Pork shoulder is the best cut to use in the chili because it stays tender and juicy even after a long cooking time. Crock Pot Pork Green Chili is a soul-satisfying bowl of delicious chunks of tender pork in a slightly thickened sauce loaded with lots of green chilies, tomatillos, and spices. A Colorado-inspired favorite that is just as good eaten out of a bowl like a stew as it is poured over burritos.
Normally, one wouldn't imagine a bowl of steaming hot chili as a meal on a sweltering summer day, but this Crock Pot Pork Chili is so light and fresh tasting, it makes a wonderful Weight Watchers Summer Recipe. The pork is nice and lean, and the fresh lime juice really help give this low calorie chili a bright flavor boost and a summer-y feel. Quick release, removed meat and added rest of ingredients (tomatoes, sauce and beans) with pot on sauté. You can have Crock-Pot Pork Chili using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Pork Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 cans of Rotel.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of white northern beans.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- You need 1/2 of a yellow onion diced (our whole if you love onion).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Curry powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
Shredded pork and returned to pot. Felt needed Salt and pepper but very good. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, broth, chiles, chili powder, garlic, salt, cayenne and pepper. Add pork and remaining ingredients (except for cornstarch and water) to the crock pot.
Crock-Pot Pork Chili instructions
- Dice onion..
- Mix onion and pork in a bowl..
- Dust the pork with black pepper..
- Add other spices sparingly. Don't overpower the pepper..
- Fry the mixture in something oily. I had some bacon grease leftover from breakfast. Only needs to brown the edges. It should look like sloppy meat balls..
- Add all ingredients to the Crock-Pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Check your Crock-Pot's manual for suggested times..
- I enjoy my Chili with some cheddar cheese and sour cream..
The Best Pork Green Chili Crock Pot Recipes on Yummly Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas, Carol's Slow Cooker Bbq Beef (crockpot, Barbeque, Slowcooker, Crock Pot), Spicy Tailgate Dip (for The Crock Pot Or Slow Cooker) This slow cooker pork chili is made with hatch green chile peppers. It's great by itself or as a topper to burritos, enchiladas, or eggs! This slow cooker pork chili is made with hatch green chile peppers. It's great by itself or as a topper to burritos, enchiladas, or eggs!