Cast Iron Breakfast Frittata. This easy-to-prepare dish has been a longtime breakfast favorite in our household. A well-seasoned cast iron skillet is the perfect vessel for creating a mouth-watering frittata. Sauté the veggies right in the pan, pour in the egg mixture, let cook for a few minutes, then transfer to a preheated oven.
I came up with this recipe on a snowy day by using what I had in the fridge. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-low heat. How to make Frittata on a cast iron skillet? You can have Cast Iron Breakfast Frittata using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cast Iron Breakfast Frittata
- It’s of Gold Potatoes.
- You need of Blended Oil.
- It’s of Mushroom.
- You need of Red Sweet Pepper.
- Prepare of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare of Large Cage Free Eggs.
We will start by cooking on the stove top on a cast iron skillet then moving the cast iron skillet into the oven to finish cooking. I love making this easy frittata recipe this way because it cooks quickly and you are able to cook everything all in one pan/skillet. Use a skillet with an oven-safe base and handles. Some people prefer the consistent heat of cast iron, while others like the cooking and cleanup ease of nonstick.
Cast Iron Breakfast Frittata instructions
- Dice potato, add to a bowl with 1 gram oil and garlic salt to taste..
- Add potatoes to air frier. Turn on to 400° for 25 minutes.
- Slice up onion, red pepper, mushrooms add to a bowl with another gram of oil mix with some salt & pepper to taste. Then add to air frier after 7 minutes and continue cooking for the remainder of the 25 minutes..
- Grab a cold 6 inch cast iron skillet add vegetable from air frier and 3 whisked Large Eggs. Again season to taste any way you wish. Place skillet in 400° air frier for 7 minutes. Remove from oven add cheese and put back in for another minute oven being off..
Pre-cook ingredients first. (For a classic look, bake your frittata in a cast-iron skillet.) Larger dimensions will work, too, but will yield shallower frittatas and require shorter cooking times. Go easy with the beating Remove the frittata from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to cool. Garnish with herbs, slice with a sharp knife, and serve. Baked mini frittata option: Let the cooked vegetables cool for a few minutes, then stir them into the egg mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until foamy.