Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot. It was one of the first recipes I ever added. It's made in the slow cooker and is one of my family's most requested recipes for dinner. You can use any kind of roast you like, I almost always use a chuck roast to make this crockpot roast beef.
Because of the low and slow cook time, the best cuts of beef to use in this Crockpot chuck roast recipe are those with a good percentage of fat. Form an image in your mind for a minute, of a steer or heifer walking through a field. What's the Best Roast for Pot Roast? You can cook Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot
- It’s 2.5-3 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- You need 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1-1.5 cup of lower sodium beef broth.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn oil (for searing meat).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper meat before searing.
Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. Our go-to choice is chuck roast (also called chuck-eye roast or. Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot step by step.
Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sear / brown seasoned meat on both sides..
- Remove meat. Add balsamic vinegar and beef broth and deglaze the pan..
- Stir in the rosemary, garlic and onion powder. Bring to boil..
- Place 2 bay leaves on bottom of crockpot. Place seared meat on top. Pour in the liquid from the pan. Liquid needs to come up to just below the top of the meat…. 3/4 the way up the meat..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to platter. Thicken the gravy and serve with mashed potatoes..
Heat the oil in a pan. Sear / brown seasoned meat on both sides. Add balsamic vinegar and beef broth and deglaze the pan. Stir in the rosemary, garlic and onion powder. This slow cooker pot roast is amazing.