Asian inspired Pork Belly. Remove the pork from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel. Discard the remaining water and vegetables. Remove from the oven and place on a counter top, or cooling rack to cool.
Heat the oil and add in the pork, salt and pepper, frying on a high heat until the pork starts to turn golden. Now pour the glaze over the pork and continue to cook until the pork looks dark and sticky. The best crackling in the world with juicy seasoned flesh, no one does crispy pork belly like the Chinese. You can cook Asian inspired Pork Belly using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian inspired Pork Belly
- Prepare 5 strips of pork belly, cleaned.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mirin.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chinese 5 spice blend.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Gochujang blend.
- Prepare of Red Chile’s.
- Prepare 1-2 dashes of a good sesame seed oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of brown swerve.
And this is how they make it. (It's easy!)Chinese Crispy Pork Belly recipe. In my humble opinion, the Chinese are the undisputed king of two things: crispy duck and crispy pork belly. Braised pork belly or Dong Po Rou (东坡肉) is an iconic traditional Chinese braised pork belly recipe of Hangzhou (杭州), created by Su Dong Po, a famous scholar, writer, poet, calligrapher, gastronome, and court official of the Song dynasty. Over the centuries, this dish has become very popular, and once you taste it, you'll know why!
Asian inspired Pork Belly instructions
- Clean and place pork belly into a ziploc bag. Add all ingredients. Mix around and place in the fridge a minimum of 3 hours..
- Take out the fridge 15 minutes before you’re ready to grill. Omg so freaking delicious if you like it crunchier, just place under broiler for a few seconds..
Cut the pork belly into cubes of the same size and season with the spice mixture from all sides, except of the skin. Home » Recipe » Sous Vide » Sous Vide Pork Belly Asian Style. Sous Vide Pork Belly Asian Style. Recipe and directions for Sous Vide Pork Belly with an Asian Style ginger orange marinade and sauce. Move over bacon, there is a new King in town!