Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked. Carefully invert a sauerkraut slice on top of each corned beef slice and cut in half. Anyhow, this football game thing: baked reuben sandwiches would be a perfect way to feed your hungry guests during the game. And once they are assembled, they're hands-off till the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are all hot.
The sandwiches are oven-baked and filled with corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing. Seriously, anyone can make these simple, mouth-watering, buttery sandwiches.. Oven-grilling allows you to cook the sandwiches all at once (and without turning them) rather than cooking them in batches on the stovetop. You can have Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked
- You need 1 lb of shaved Corned Beef.
- It’s of (1) package sliced Swiss Cheese (12 slices).
- It’s of (1) loaf good Rye bread.
- It’s of (1) 14oz can Sauerkraut.
- You need 1000 of Island Dressing….or make your own-its better:).
If this recipe works for you, then good. Full Nutrition This baked sandwich can be made with store-bought cornbread, or with our homemade cornbread recipe, included in the sandwich instructions. Filled with baked ham and cheddar, and served with chow chow, a sweet and spicy cabbage relish, this is a filling and decadent alternative to the classic ham and cheese. When all of the sandwiches are on the baking sheet, press down firmly on each one with the back of the spatula.
Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- If your going to make your own 1000 island do it now. Or skip this step. I do it this way: Mix the following in a bowl—1/2 cup or so of mayo, Tablespoons (aporox) of the following; ketchup, yellow mustard, sri racha & honey. To taste..
- Should make 5 thick sandwiches…layer as follows: bread, 1000 island, corned beef, kraut, swiss, bread..
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes…or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted..
Recipe Courtesy of Jose Alvarado, Chef/Owner, Jose O'Connor's, Carthage, NY. Serve immediately with pizza sauce if desired. Rueben Sandwich-Oven Baked It doesn't get much easier than this. Add to plan Add to plan Published by. Reuben rolls. thin sliced corned beef shredded, Sauerkraut drained, shredded swiss cheese, Egg roll wrappers Instructions.