Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches. Cover tomato slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread. In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic. Also spread butter on top of each side of bread.
Lay slices of the bread, coated sides down, on a sheet of waxed paper. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, roasted tomatoes and onions, and crispy buttery bread slices are a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious. Wash and slice tomatoes and onions. You can have Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
- It’s 9 of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of black ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need leaves of fresh basil.
- You need of room temperature butter.
Heat butter or oil in a pan and roast the tomatoes and onions. Combine mayonnaise and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Add cheddar, stirring well to combine (mixture will be very thick). Lightly coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches instructions
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.Serve immediately.
The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp cheddar and Gruyère. Their flavors complement the tomato without overpowering it. Grating the cheeses for a grilled cheese leads to faster, more even melting. Fresh, ripe tomatoes are marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then broiled with Parmesan cheese on toast. Serve warm with a bowl of soup, if desired.