Oven Pot Roast. An oven or slow cooker turns an inexpensive beef pot roast into a succulent, tender feast. Whether you're looking for how long to cook a roast in the oven or the slow cooker, we've got the answers. Vegetables cooked with the roast (using either method) make for a simple, but filling meal.
A "pot roast" is a braised beef dish that's made by searing a big, tough cut of beef (usually an inexpensive roast) and then slowly cooking the beef in a covered dish called a Dutch oven. In America, this dish is often called a "Yankee Pot Roast," and is served with carrots and potatoes or other vegetables. Salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can have Oven Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Pot Roast
- Prepare 3 of or 4 pound roast.
- You need 6 of to 8 potatoes ( any kind is fine).
- You need 2 of bags baby carrots.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 of Meat tenderizer.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Roaster pan.
This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that makes a large number of servings (and incredible leftovers) while perfuming the whole house. Just because you've tried one pot roast recipe doesn't mean you've tried them all. Sprinkle pot roast with Italian seasoning and ranch mix. Let it stew in a tomatoey sauce.
Oven Pot Roast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel potatoes, cuts into big chunks the rinse..
- Rinse roast and then place in the roaster pan, rub with meat tenderizer, and sprinkle garlic powder over roast..
- Place potatoes on one side of the roast, rinse carrots and then place on the other side of roaster pan..
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over potatoes, roast and carrots..
- Rinse onion then slice over meat and veggies..
- Place in oven with a secure lid..
- Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Depends on the weight of the roast..
Or stick with a meat-and-potatoes version. You have options — and we have the. Cuts of beef that perform well for pot roasting go by many different names: Blade roast, cross-rib roast (or shoulder clod), seven-bone pot roast, arm pot roast, and boneless chuck roast are all acceptable cuts. Either way, this roast beef recipe will become unbelievably tender and flavorful in the Dutch. Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium high heat.