Mediterranean Nachos. Mediterranean Nachos are a delicious gluten free and vegetarian snack/appetizer loaded with hummus, veggies, feta and more- a fun spin on the classic Tex-Mex dish. I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with.
Nachos and Mediterranean food are two of the greatest culinary joys in life, so the creation of this hybrid dish was inevitable. Mediterranean Nachos Layers of crunchy chips, melted cheese and chopped chicken are topped with Mediterranean favorites for a fast and filling dinner the whole family will love! This Mediterranean Nachos recipe is from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin. You can have Mediterranean Nachos using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Nachos
- It’s Bag of tortilla chips on the border.
- You need of Meat of your choice steak or chicken cooked and diced I use chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Montreal cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fate cheese for the top only.
- You need 1 cup of chopped lettuce.
- It’s 1/2 of diced red onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- Prepare Cup of pitted olives black and green.
- You need 1 of avocado diced.
- Prepare 2 of diced chili green.
- You need 2 tablespoon of creamy Greek dressing.
- It’s of Sour cream for dip.
- It’s of Salsa for dip.
Feel free of course to top your Mediterranean Nachos with your own mix of favorite vegetables. We used colorful bell peppers, cucumbers, diced red onion, Kalamata olives, chopped pepperoncini, chick peas, feta cheese and scallions – all of which went deliciously well with our creamy, lemony Greek yogurt sauce that was flavored with fresh oregano, shallots, garlic and chives. Mediterranean Nachos With a nice, snappy bite, mild, bready taste, and just a hint of sea salt, Trader Joe's Organic Pita Chips with Sea Salt are practically tailor-made for serving with any dip, salsa, or Mediterranean dish you can imagine. They're substantial enough to hold the heft of zhoug chicken, tabbouleh, hummus, and feta in this no.
Mediterranean Nachos step by step
- Rub sumac with diced red onion add to the lettuce and tomatoes and olives with avocado and fate cheese and dressing and refrigerate.
- Over on broiler lay the1/2 bag of chips then the chicken and do not skip on the cheese I put 2 cups of it you could change to your favorite cheese keep watching you do not want to burn it.
- 10 minutes later put the salad on top and serve while it’s hot with sour cream and salsa.
Stir in pine nuts, salt and pepper; cool slightly. Say goodbye to high calorie, traditional nachos and hello to this flavorful, low-calorie alternative. These Meditteranean nachos use pita chips instead of tortilla chips and are topped with a heart-healthy fat, delicious spices, fresh veggies, and filling protein. Whole-grain pita chips stand in for tortilla chips in this Mediterranean twist on nachos. Topped with ripe tomatoes, garlicky chickpeas and a cilantro-tahini sauce, this shareable snack is the ultimate warm-weather finger food.