Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew. Beef Stew is a great way to use up leftover meat and veggies. I have made this dish so many times and each batch is different from the last. Other vegetables I have added are cauliflower, green beans, sweet potato, rutabaga, and radishes.
How do I make low carb beef stew in the slow cooker? The rich flavors of the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and liquid smoke blend to form a unique flavor combo. Today I'm sharing a fantastically flavourful Keto-friendly EASY Crockpot Low Carb Beef Stew Recipe with you all because I'm always asked for Keto Recipes. You can cook Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew
- You need 3.5 Lb of Chuck Roast Trimmed & Cut Into 1.5 Inch Cubes (approx.).
- It’s 2 Cups of Low Sodium Beef Broth.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Dried Parsley.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Marjoram.
- You need 2 Tsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves.
- It’s 5-6 of Carrots Sliced into 1 Inch Pieces.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 3 of Celery Stalks Cut into 1/2 Inch Pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion Chopped.
- Prepare 8 Oz of Package of White Button Mushrooms.
This Low-Carb Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew, also known as Estofado, takes stew to a whole new level. This crock pot recipe boasts tender chunks of beef slow cooked in salsa goodness. This easy recipe can be part of a keto, Atkins, gluten-free, Paleo, grain-free, or Banting diet. I love beef stew but typically it has two main ingredients that just don't work with a low-carb lifestyle, potatoes and flour.
Low Carb Slowcooker Beef Stew instructions
- I started with getting my meat and veggies in the crockpot. I used a 3.5 pound chuck roast which I trimmed and cubed into about 1.5 inch pieces. I chopped 1 large onion, 5 carrots, 3 celery stalks, and 3 cloves of garlic. Turn your crockpot on the low 8 hour setting. Add the veggies first and then put the cubed meat on top. Cover and let it start to warm while you get your broth and seasoning ready..
- In a bowl Combine 2 cups of low sodium beef broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, and the leaves from a few sprigs of fresh thyme (about 2 teaspoons.) Mix well and then pour over your meat and veggies..
- Cover and let cook for 7 hours (stirring every 2 hours.).
- After 7 hours spoon out some of the broth and veggies (about 1.5 to 2 cups.) Either use a blender or an immersion blender to blend until smooth, but be very careful because it is very hot..
- Add one 8 ounce pack of mushrooms (quartered,) and add the broth and veggies you just blended. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir and let cook for the last hour uncovered. By blending the veggies and broth you make a thicker gravy without having to use flour or cornstarch. I served it over a cauliflower mash. If you're wanting to indulge rice or potatoes are good serving suggestions as well..
If you're practicing low-carb and have been missing beef stew like I have then you are going to love this Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stew! Well you are going to love it even if you don't worry about carbs but especially if you don't. How to make Low Carb Crockpot Beef Stew. The classic stew is easy to make, collagen-rich, and super meaty. Begin by turning the slow cooker on low and placing the marrow bones in the center of the insert.