Crockpot Calico Beans. This recipe for Crock-Pot Calico Beans is the perfect side to make for your next BBQ or cookout. The beans are sweet (but not TOO sweet), savory & yum! Ground beef, bacon, a variety of beans are simmered away for hours in this sweet and savory recipe!
Crock Pot Calico Beans are a staple in our family. These are always a hit at pitch-ins or potluck meals and are a great alternative to regular baked beans. This recipe came from a friends sister. You can have Crockpot Calico Beans using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Calico Beans
- It’s 1 lb. of hamburger.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cans of pork and beans.
- You need 1 can of great northern beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 10-12 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar.
- It’s of Few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Prepare of Seasonings of choice:.
- You need of pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin.
Very forgiving recipe can easily adjust amounts to suit your tastes. I usually assemble ahead of time and refrigerate overnight before putting in the crock-pot. I have also made ahead of time and put in the freezer for DH to take as part of a hunting camp meal. Crockpot Calico Beans are a fabulous way to cook up the classic ground beef and beans dish!
Crockpot Calico Beans step by step
- Brown hamburger along with onions and seasonings of choice in skillet until thoroughly cooked; drain..
- Open and drain cans of beans with exception of pork and beans..
- Place cooked hamburger in crockpot..
- Add beans..
- Add cooked, crumbled bacon..
- Add ketchup and brown sugar..
- Mix well to combine. Cook in crockpot for 4 hours on low..
- 30 minutes before serving, add in white vinegar and hot sauce (as many dashes as you like). I did about 6 shakes..
- Enjoy along with some cornbread if your budget allows! Cornbread is another fantastic cheap side!.
Now you can cook up calico beans all day, low and slow and have a delicious dinner when you get home from work! Slow Cooker Calico Beans are Easy to Make & Delicious! In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. How to make Calico Beans in the Slow Cooker: These pictures for crockpot Calico Beans are especially for the visual learners out there—for exact amounts and details, mosey down to the recipe card below.