Crockpot Black Bean Chili. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker » Crock Pot Beefy Black Bean Chili. Crock Pot Beefy Black Bean Chili This crock pot black bean chili is made with the addition of pinto beans, great northern beans, or kidney beans. Tomatoes, cumin, and garlic add robust flavor, along with the chili powder and onions.
After a full day of simmering in the slow cooker, the chili takes on a deep and rich reddish-black hue, emitting that distinct fragrance you know can only be a batch of chili. And the flavor that follows is just as you'd expect. The medley of tender black beans, tomatoes, and warm spices create a one-pot meal with some serious flavor. You can cook Crockpot Black Bean Chili using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Black Bean Chili
- It’s 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, do not drain.
- You need 1 (28 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 (6 ounce) of can tomato paste.
- You need 6 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Adobo.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Shredded Mexican cheese OR shredded cheddar cheese.
Try using pinto beans, or kidney beans, or even garbanzo beans for a nice change of pace. By the way, any chili recipe really combines already cooked ingredients. Cooking blends together and enhances the individual flavors. Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili is a great tasting crock~pot dinner and it costs only pennies.
Crockpot Black Bean Chili step by step
- Brown and drain fat from ground beef…….
- Add to ground beef the chopped onion, green pepper and garlic,sauté until veggies are tender……..
- Add ground beef mixture to crockpot…….
- To crock pot add : black beans, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste…..Stir well….
- Next add : chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and adobo, stir well……
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours…..Stir occasionally…….
- Serve with some cornbread, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese OR cheddar cheese and enjoy !.
The chili has lots of spices for all kinds of flavor. It seems that everyone loves chili. These days there are so many recipes to choose from that a person can get a little overwhelmed. Close lid securely and set vent to "Sealing". Press "Manual", then press "Pressure" until the light on.