Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot. Place the onion slices on top of the chicken. Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue. What to Serve with Crockpot BBQ Chicken. The best sides for Crockpot BBQ chicken are: Salads: Potato, Macaroni, Coleslaw, Italian pasta salad Rolls and Wraps: Hamburger buns, ciabatta rolls, wraps, tortillas, dinner rolls (for sliders) Or Serve Over: Mac and Cheese, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Oven Baked Rice Leftovers. You can cook Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (boneless / skinless).
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 bottle (20.4 ounce) of bbq sauce (your favorite!).
- It’s of Kaiser rolls or your favorite rolls.
Crockpot BBQ is like meat sauce in that it tastes just as good. Add sliced onions to slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Sprinkle the seasonings on the chicken. Pour bbq sauce over the chicken.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……..
- Place thighs in your crockpot…….
- Place sliced onion and minced garlic all over chicken thighs……..
- Sprinkle your black pepper over chicken thighs…….
- In a small bowl dissolve your chicken bouillon cube in the hot water…….
- Pour chicken broth over chicken thighs……..
- Now pour your favorite bbq sauce all over chicken thighs…….
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally, shredding chicken with 2 forks as it cooks……
- Serve on top of your favorite rolls and enjoy !!!!.
In a small bowl add the mayo, chipotle, and lime juice whisk until combined and set aside. Cooking Tips for CrockPot BBQ Chicken. If you have time, make my homemade BBQ sauce recipe to use in this crockpot recipe. You can mix up the ingredients for the BBQ sauce right in your slow cooker. You don't need to simmer the BBQ sauce on the stove since the flavors will have plenty of time to blend as the BBQ sauce cooks with the chicken in the slow cooker.