Chicken Broth Ramen. A Quick But Tasty Ramen Broth. This quick weeknight ramen depends on store-bought chicken stock, so use a brand you really like. (Here are the Simply team's favorites!)Even better, if you regularly make your own chicken stock, this is the time to pull it out of the freezer. Easy homemade chicken ramen, with a flavorful broth, roasted chicken, fresh veggies, lots of noodles, and a soft cooked egg.
As most Japanese ramen are pork-based, I was curious to know how Chef Boon managed to attain a tonkotsu-like broth without the use of pork. For the easy version – To make this chicken ramen even easier, you can cook the chicken RIGHT IN THE BROTH, and then shred the chicken so that it gets mixed with the ramen noodles and broth. This does save time, but personally, I much prefer to cook the chicken separately, because it adds another great layer of flavor to your ramen bowl. You can cook Chicken Broth Ramen using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Broth Ramen
- It’s of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of chicken carcass.
- You need 2 litres of water.
- Prepare of Caramalized Soy Chicken.
- You need 2 pcs of boneless chicken chop- broiled.
- It’s 5 of tbsp- sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of tbsp- light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp- brown sugar.
- You need 250 of ml- water.
- Prepare of Ginger- sliced.
- Prepare 3 of cloves- garlic.
- It’s of Scallion/green onion- sliced.
- You need 2 of eggs- boiled for 3min.
- It’s 2-3 portion of ramen noodle.
Ramen broth can be classified by ingredients into three categories. The first one is chicken broth made from chicken carcass. The second is a combination broth made from chicken and Japanese dashi stock. And the third is Tonkotsu which is made from pork bones.
Chicken Broth Ramen step by step
- Mix water with chicken carcass and boiled for 3-6 hours.
- While waiting for chicken broth. Lets make our caramalized chicken.
- Bring boiled sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, scallion and bonelss chicken chop for 1 hour (flip every side 30min).
- Then served..as per picture .
My version of Ramen Broth is made from a combination of pork bones, chicken carcasses and bonito flakes. It takes a few hours to make but it is not very difficult. You just have to be patient and pay attention to detail. Dashi broth is made with kombu (kelp), bonito flakes (dried fish), shiitake mushrooms, and sometimes dried baby sardines simmered in water, then strained. The broth has loads of umami flavor.