Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak. Try this Taiwanese chicken steak recipe for your next culinary adventure in your kitchen. This recipe is the closest copy of the Hot Star fried chicken as the recipe is a trade secret. Fried Chicken Steak 大雞排 Taiwanese Style is a popular Taiwanese Street Food, it's pronounced.
The street seller will often also ask you if you want hot spice too. This video shows you how to make Taiwanese Fried Chicken Steak, a popular street food in Taiwan. Much like other extra crunchy deep fried chickens (Korean fried chicken, chicken karaage), Taiwanese fried chicken is twice-deep fried: first in a low temperature oil to cook through, then in a high heat oil to add crunch. You can cook Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak
- Prepare 6 of boneless chicken legs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Some salt and pepper.
- It’s of Potato starch (enough to coat all the chicken steaks).
Usually the chicken nuggets you get at a night market come in a little bag or cup, piping hot. Take the fried chicken out and let dry on a paper towel or a strainer. You have Keto-friendly Low Carb Taiwanese Fried Chicken Steak. The oil is hot enough when a wooden spoon dipped into the oil forms small little bubbles.
Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak instructions
- Beat the chicken legs flat. Heat the deep fryer to 375F/ 190C..
- Mix flour, corn starch, chicken stock, salt, pepper and water into a mixing bowl. Mix well..
- Dip chicken legs into step 2..
- Prepare the potato starch onto a plate and coat each chicken leg completely..
- Deep fry each chicken steak for 3-5 mins..
- Flip the chicken steaks and fry for another minute or until golden..
- Drip the oil..
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more simple and deliciousrecipes! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
Place the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with two tablespoons of water. Coat each chicken piece in the egg and then in the potato starch. Taiwanese fried chicken (Chinese: 鹹酥雞; pinyin: xiánsūjī; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: kiâm-so͘-ke; also 鹽酥雞; yánsūjī; 'salty fried chicken'), westernized as popcorn chicken is a dish in Taiwanese cuisine commonly found as street snack and is indispensable to the night markets in Taiwan. It consists of bite-sized pieces of chicken, coated and fried with flour and seasoning mixture. Taiwanese Fried Chicken might be the best fried chicken you will put in your mouth!!