Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return chicken to slow cooker; add noodles. How to Make Slow Cooker Orange Chicken.
Next, add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and gently stir the chicken to coat it evenly in the sauce. I was looking for a slow cooker orange chicken so decided to give this one a try inspite of the bad reviews. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Although this chicken spends most of its time in the slow cooker turning juicy, tender, and soaking up a sweet citrusy sauce, it starts at the stove. You can have Slow Cooker Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Prepare 1.5-2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1-2 cups of Peppers, chopped up.
- It’s 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Aminos Acid/Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1-2 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
Dredge the chopped chicken in cornstarch and give it a quick sear in a hot skillet. Home » Dinner » Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. The only thing I do differently is add a little chicken broth to. In small bowl, mix marmalade, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and salt.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken instructions
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl..
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together..
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. ***Please use a slow cooker liner***.
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes..
Add chicken and marmalade mixture to slow cooker, spreading marmalade mixture over chicken, inside and out. Put chicken and flour into a bag and toss together. Place the chicken in the crockpot. In small bowl, mix marmalade and chili garlic sauce. Add chicken and marmalade mixture to slow cooker, mixing to thoroughly coat chicken with marmalade mixture.