Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto. Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto. Pan sear salmon and top with a pleasantly salty and spicy olive and tomato pesto. Top with additional fresh basil and serve with cooked pasta and pepperoncini peppers, if desired.
Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer salmon fillets to a serving plate and drizzle pesto sauce on top. Pan sear salmon and top with a pleasantly salty and spicy olive and tomato pesto. You can cook Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto
- It’s 2 of centre-cut salmon fillets, deboned and descaled.
- You need of Large handful fresh basil leaves (about 28 g).
- It’s 1 pkg (284 g) of miniature San Marzano tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large clove garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Serve salmon with pesto spooned over top. Can also be served at room temperature. Serve with steamed new potatoes – this pesto salmon recipe is a great weeknight family meal. Pan fried salmon is a really simple but delicious dinner.
Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Lay the salmon fillets in, skin-side down. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on their thickness, then flip and fry for the same amount of time on the other side. While you're waiting to flip the salmon, whip up the sauce..
- Place the basil, tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in a food processor and blitz until it's a chunky liquid. Add a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, as well as the olive oil. Blitz a few seconds more until the sauce thickens and emulsifies..
- Put a ladle full of sauce on a plate and lay the salmon on top, crispy skin up. The fish will warm up the sauce slightly. Serve additional sauce on the side (trust me, it'll be in demand)..
Serve with steamed new potatoes – this pesto salmon recipe is a great weeknight family meal.. This recipe made our meal a special occasion, even though I served it on an ordinary Friday night. I added a layer of pasta over some of the pesto then put more pesto on the pasta. Not having any grape tomatoes, I diced some really ripe Rome tomatoes and used them in the topping. Next, spread the pesto over the salmon fillets then top with the panko crumb mixture.