Grilled Cornish Hen. These grilled game hens were a wonderful diversion from our usual, more mundane (i.e. chicken) menu. Prior to marinading, I cut each of them in half lengthwise, so that each half had a wing and a drumstick. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
Turn the birds over and use kitchen shears to cut out their backbones. The Best Grilled Cornish Hens Recipes on Yummly Grilled Cornish Hen, #ad Grilled Cornish Hen Recipe With A Orange Sauce Glaze, Spiced Grilled Cornish Hen Grilled Butterflied Cornish Hen or Chicken Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Vignettes Grilled Butterflied Cornish Hen uses a method, also called spatchcocking, that produces tender flesh and crispy skin. You can have Grilled Cornish Hen using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Cornish Hen
- You need whole of Cornish Hen.
- Prepare of to taste (for seasoning):.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s of Adobo Seasoning.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of Honey.
Remove hens from marinade and place, skin side up, on grill rack. Remove the Cornish hens and lemons to a plate or cutting board, cover with aluminum foil. Once the grill is preheated, oil the grates and add the hens, skin side up. How to Make Grilled Cornish Hens.
Grilled Cornish Hen instructions
- Wash and dry your hens. Rub with a bit of Olive Oil. Season generously, everywhere, with everything except honey..
- Place on a hot grill. Try to keep it off of direct flames. Allow it to cook nicely without becoming too incinerated. If it gets a little burned, tell them it’s charred . You’re looking for an internal temperature of around 160 F. When it’s close, Hit the chicken with some honey. Don’t let that burn, you can’t explain that away..
- Remove from grill, plate and serve. Some people might want to carve this bird… I personally don’t see a problem tearing the meat off and eating it. It’s a barbecue, not a banquet. Enjoy..
Before starting the grill – Coat grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. Use a pair of tongs to place each Cornish hen on the grill, breast side up. Brush the meat with the leftover marinade and discard the rest. Delicious crispy skin with juicy tender Cornish hen served on top of our Vegan Chickpea Lemon Rice for an easy elegant dinner. Grilled Butterflied Cornish Hen or Chicken Grilled Butterflied Cornish Hen uses a method, also called spatchcocking, that produces tender flesh and crispy skin. (Recipe Credit: Aube Giroux from.