Fried Zucchini. Even the fried onion rings which didn't take the batter as well as the zucchini were yummy! Crispy Parmesan Fried Zucchini are savory parmesan and panko coated zucchini bites. They will quickly become a favorite for an easy and crowd-pleasing snack, appetizer or side dish!
Place the zucchini strips on a baking sheet. When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until. Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, carefully lower zucchini into hot oil. You can cook Fried Zucchini using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of seasoned panko of your choice (I used parmesan garlic seasoned).
- You need of salt (1 tbsp. for flour seasoning, a pinch for after frying).
- You need of pepper (1 tbsp. to season flour).
- It’s of canola or vegetable oil for either pan or deep frying.
Coat a zucchini piece in the flour, dip in the egg and coat in the bread crumbs. You want a thin, even layer of each coating; shake off any excess. Put coated zucchini on baking sheet in a single layer, top with wax or parchment paper and repeat with remaining slices. Fried zucchini is ideal when eaten right away, but If you happen to have leftovers, the best way to reheat them is in the oven.
Fried Zucchini instructions
- Gather three small bowls, season flour with salt and pepper in first bowl..
- Scramble egg in next bowl..
- Add panko in third bowl..
- Cut ends off of zucchini, cut in half, cut the halves in half lengthwise, cut those into four strips..
- Dredge zucchini in the flour, give a quick shake and add to the egg..
- Take zucchini from egg and place in panko completely coating, place on plate or sheet tray and place in freezer while the oil heats..
- Heat oil in deep fryer or pan to 350 degrees (I deep fried)..
- Once heated, add zucchini to fryer, do not over fill, it will drop the temperature of the oil too much, fry for 2 minutes or until desired crispiness..
- Drain on paper towel covered plate or bowl, serve with ranch or dressing or sauce of your choice..
And to improve the crispiness, instead of baking breaded zucchini directly on a baking sheet, arrange them on a wire rack that has been lightly coated with cooking spray and placed on a baking pan to catch any drips. I have loved this ever since I was a little girl. It takes a while to make but it's really easy and totally worth it. Cooked zucchini is the best!! **However, I must mention that I use garden zucchinis for this recipe that tend to be quite a bit larger than those purchased in a grocery store. Repeat until all fried zucchini are cooked.