Crockpot Italian Beer Chicken. Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks. Here is how you achieve that. Using chicken breast in this Crockpot Beer Chicken Recipe ensures that it stays low in points, so you can pair it with just about anything – a baked potato, roasted potato skins, wild rice, roasted veggies or a tossed salad.
In a bowl, combine the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, green pepper, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over chicken. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. You can cook Crockpot Italian Beer Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Beer Chicken
- Prepare 2 packs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 1 bottle of beer (your favorite brand!).
- Prepare 1 pack of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix.
- You need 2 tablespoons of margarine OR butter.
- Prepare of Rolls of your choice !!.
- Prepare of Cheese slices (your favorite!).
I used a darker brew for a deeper flavor. The chicken will be super moist and will practically fall apart. You will have a lot of liquid left in the pot when the cooking is complete. This Italian Crockpot Chicken goes really well with almost any vegetable, grilled or fresh – and if you're daring enough, you could even toss some in with the chicken.
Crockpot Italian Beer Chicken step by step
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……
- Place thighs into your crockpot……
- Place your black pepper, minced garlic, onions, beer, Italian dressing mix and margarine OR butter into crockpot over chicken thighs…….
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally……I left the lid to my crockpot slightly opened so that the chicken wouldn’t cook up in too much liquid (you don’t want your chicken floating around in the liquid ! )…….
- Shred chicken with 2 forks…….
- Serve over any rolls of your choice with your favorite cheese and enjoy !.
While this is an easy crock pot meal, Italian Crockpot Chicken doesn't actually have to be made in the crockpot. It can easily be made in the oven or using your stove top. Shred chicken with two forks and serve with extra juice on the side if desired. Put chicken in a crock pot. Pour a bottle of beer over them.