Brown rice oven baked. Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Bring water and olive oil to a boil in a covered saucepan; stir in salt. Pour water mixture over rice; cover baking dish tightly with double layer of aluminum foil.
It takes a little more time, but you can make a larger batch, and the even, steady heat of the oven works magic on stubborn grains of brown rice. Earthy mushrooms and a few other convenient ingredients turn basic brown rice into a special side dish. It's a very easy way to make brown rice that comes out perfect every time. You can cook Brown rice oven baked using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown rice oven baked
- You need 2 cup of white long grain rice.
- It’s 4 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 of white onion diced, about medium size.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
No more sticky, clumpy, waterlogged goop! This rice is tender and separate and delicious. This is the key to this recipe, so make sure to measure carefully. In a covered saucepan on the stove, bring the water and oil to a boil over high heat.
Brown rice oven baked instructions
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- prepare a casserole dish by Spraying with cooking oil or however you wish to make it non stick use a casserole dish that has a lid.
- dice the onion add to dish.
- measure dry rice add to dish.
- measure beef broth add to dish.
- place one stick of butter In dish.
- cook in oven covered for 15 minutes then take out and give it a stir.
- put back in oven, covered and finish cooking for an additional 45 minutes.
- you could give it a stir before serving but it is Oh so good Brown Rice.
Once it begins to boil, stir in the salt and pour over the rice. Cover the baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil. Boil the water and add the butter and salt. Stir to dissolve salt and melt butter. Pour the boiling water mixture over the rice and stir.