Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad. With ingredients like chili-garlic sauce, white vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, and chopped peanuts, this salad could transform even the most basic salmon into a memorable meal. But forget basic — pair this salad with Chef John's flavor-packed, five-minute Fast Salmon with a Ginger Glaze. Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad I had planned not to cook so much while we're in this moving process, but it costs so much more to dine out healthfully, so it's back to the kitchen!
While salmon is roasting, assemble your salad. This oven-baked salmon recipe is the perfect meal to have after a long day. The picholine olive sauce is easy to make and adds delicious warm tangy flavors.. You can have Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad
- You need 2 pound of salmon fillet.
- It’s 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoons of mayo.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a fresh lemon, squeezed).
- It’s of For the topping:.
- You need 2 of ripe medium Roma tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 of large Persian cucumber, seeded and diced (If you can't find Persian, a pickling cuke will work.).
- Prepare 1/2 of a small red onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of corn kernels (Fresh would have been great today, but I wanted to use up a (15 oz.) can. If canned, drain well.).
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 2.5-3 Tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- It’s of optional: fresh herbs (I used 1/4 cup chopped cilantro today.).
- You need of optional for heat: 1 Tablespoon sriracha.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
The salmon comes off the grill juicy yet fragrant with smoke, a contrast to the creamy salad made with grilled and raw squash.. Remove the salmon from the oven and preheat the broiler. Break the salmon into large chunks. In a large bowl, combine the arugula with the fennel, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, potatoes and cilantro.
Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad instructions
- Take salmon out of fridge then preheat oven to 450F. Season salmon flesh side up with salt, spread mayonnaise evenly over the flesh, then squeeze lemon over the entire fillet..
- When oven is preheated, roast salmon for 17 to 20 minutes..
- While salmon is roasting, assemble your salad. Add all ingredients but oil, toss, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then add oil and toss again..
- Take salmon out of oven and let it cool for 5 minutes or so before segmenting into portions..
- Place a portion of salmon on plate and top with as much of the salad as you like..
- I served ours with mashed potatoes, but it would go great with rice, quinoa, or couscous, among other things. Enjoy! :).
Brilliantly versatile and quick to cook, salmon is the basis for a great midweek dinner or celebratory centrepiece. The best side dishes for salmon should be simple enough to make while the salmon cooks, and deliver plenty of flavor without outshining or overpowering the beautiful fish. We think basics like rice, vegetables, or salad work well with salmon. Salmon shines in the summer—whether it's charred on the grill, smoked and draped over salads, or shaped into burger patties and stuffed between bread. Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.