Tofu, Bitter melon, Pork and Egg Stir fry. Soft tofu, scrambled eggs, and rich pork belly stand up to the astringent bitter melon flesh in this flavorful stir-fry. Salting the melon leaches out much of its harsh tannins, so don't skip this. Champuru = means "something mixed," aka stir fry.
You can replace the pork with other meats like chicken or Spam (a very popular option). The stir fry is eaten hot, always with a big bowl of rice on the side. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can cook Tofu, Bitter melon, Pork and Egg Stir fry using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu, Bitter melon, Pork and Egg Stir fry
- Prepare 1 package of Tofu.
- Prepare 150 g of thinly sliced polk.
- It’s 150 g of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 TBSP of sesame oil.
- It’s of ☆1.5 TBSP oyster sauce.
- It’s of ☆1.5 TBSP soy sauce.
- You need of ☆1 TBSP sake.
- Prepare of ☆1.5 tsp hondashi.
Add pork; season with garlic salt and garlic pepper. Okinawa's most iconic Goya Champuru is a stir fry dish with bitter melon, tofu, egg, and pork belly. This popular savory dish is a truly rustic yet well-balanced meal to serve with steamed rice and a side of miso soup. Goya Champuru (ゴーヤチャンプル) is a popular stir fry dish that came from the sunny island of Okinawa in southern.
Tofu, Bitter melon, Pork and Egg Stir fry instructions
- Cut bitter melon..
- In a small bowl, give bitter melon massage to remove bitterness with a dash of salt, 1 minute. Add water and leave it for 10 minutes..
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and microwave for 2 minutes to remove water..
- Cut pork into 2 inch lengths. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour to give a base taste..
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients of ☆.
- In a large pan, high heat, pour oil and sauté tofu until golden brown. Put aside..
- In the same pan, sauté pork, bitter melon and washed bean sprouts, 3 minutes. Add Tofu. Add ☆sauce until the sauce is well mixed..
- Add beaten egg in the same pan with other ingredients and scramble the egg, 1 minute. Turn off the heat, Pour sesame oil at the end..
Remove it from the wok and set aside with the Spam. Add a little more oil to the wok if necessary, and break the tofu into. Heat up a wok or frying pan with the sesame oil. Add the pork, and stir fry until it turns pale and starts to brown a little. Add the bitter gourd and tofu and continue stir frying.