Steve's Oven Baked BBQ Ribs. For this method, you'll coat baby back ribs with a homemade dry rub, seal them in foil, and bake them at low heat for two hours. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove membrane from ribs by making light cut down middle of underside and pulling membrane away.
In a large bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, liquid smoke, and salt. Stir to combine then set aside until time to brush on the ribs. Remove from oven, and unwrap ribs; discard foil and drippings. You can cook Steve's Oven Baked BBQ Ribs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steve's Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 bottle of favorite BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1 rack of pork back ribs.
Remove from oven, remove foil, and brush both sides of the ribs with sauce. Slather the baked ribs with barbecue sauce then broil (or grill) the ribs for a few minutes until the sauce is caramelized. Turn and baste meat every twenty minutes with remaining sauce, using all sauce by two hours. Continue turning and basting ribs using sauce in the pan during the last hour of baking.
Steve's Oven Baked BBQ Ribs step by step
- Preheat oven to 300..
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Remove membrane from ribs by making light cut down middle of underside and pulling membrane away. Sometimes using a paper towel makes it easier to grasp the membrane..
- Cut rack of ribs in half for easier handling..
- Mix spices and sugar together. Rub generously all over ribs, front and back..
- Lay meat side down on baking sheet, cover ribs with more foil..
- Baked for 2 1/2 hours. Remove foil and turn meat side up. Leave in oven..
- Mix 2 cups BBQ sauce with liquid smoke..
- Baste ribs with BBQ sauce, bake 10 more mins..
- Cut up ribs and enjoy with side of BBQ sauce!.
Season your ribs with Dale's marinade, your favorite rib rub, grill seasoning, or simply salt and pepper. Place ribs, meat side down, in baking dishes. Cover the baking dishes with aluminum foil and place in the oven. The biggest decider of how long they must cook at this temperature is the size of the rack of ribs. Should I cover ribs when cooking in oven?