Stuffed Tomatoes. Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Lamb and Fresh Herbs Image zoom Summer vegetables like eggplant and zucchini are terrific fillings for these Greek-inspired stuffed tomatoes. Get Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe from Food Network Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Nutrition Facts Get Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe from Food Network.
Spread each cut side with a little mustard, then sprinkle a little of the crumb mix on the top. Place tomatoes in well oiled casserole dish. Top each with a tablespoon of cheese. You can cook Stuffed Tomatoes using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes
- You need 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion; diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery; diced.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot; diced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves; diced.
- You need 4 of tomatoes preferably beefsteak tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper.
- It’s 1 of Yukon gold potato; cut into wedges.
- Prepare 3/4 of ths cup short-grain rice.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth (water is fine).
- Prepare of Mint.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- It’s of Dill.
- You need of Feta cheese.
They made fabulous Stuffed Tomatoes and I hope this recipe finds it's way to you in time for you to use some tomatoes from your garden or the farmers market before they are gone for good this season. Here are some pictures so show you how to prepare and stuff the tomatoes. You can save the pulp and blend it up to use in soup or Spanish rice. Stuff into tomato shells; dot with remaining butter.
Stuffed Tomatoes step by step
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and bell pepper. Keep them as they will be your lid. Excavate the tomato insides and set aside in a bowl..
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they reduce in size and turn slightly brown. Add in the celery and carrots and cook until reduced/browned. Adding salt helps!.
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the sugar. More salt..
- Add the tomato paste and rice and sauté for 2 mins..
- Preheat oven to 370F..
- Pour in the tomato insides and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer for 10 mins. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed..
- Before we stuff, mix in the parsley, mint, and dill..
- Fillerup! I put potato wedges in between the veggies. Drizzle olive oil and yes – salt & pepper! Pour in half cup of water to the pan..
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 1 hr..
- Uncover and broil until slightly charred..
- Serve with feta cheese on top. Enjoy!.
These stuffed tomatoes are full of sausage, rice and plenty of cheese, then topped with parmesan and breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. A unique main course that's sure to get rave reviews! Whether it's stuffed cabbage , stuffed zucchini or these stuffed tomatoes, food just tastes better when it comes in an edible package! Stuffed tomatoes are filled with a meat and rice filling, topped with cheese, and baked until tender and juicy! These are a great meal and absolutely packed with flavor.