Crockpot shredded chicken tacos. In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for seven to eight hours.
CrockPot Chicken Tacos are an easy family favorite meal! A handful of ingredients tossed into the slow cooker makes the most tender flavorful chicken for tacos (or for Chicken Enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos and more)!. Add chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes and seasoning and let the slow cooker do all of the work. You can cook Crockpot shredded chicken tacos using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot shredded chicken tacos
- It’s of chicken breast (I use 5lbs we are family of 6).
- You need Jar of salsa your choice.
- It’s of Cilantro chopped to your taste.
- Prepare of Taco seasoning pack or create your own.
Even though you are using salsa in this crockpot chicken tacos recipe it is still very kid friendly. Our kids devoured it and said it was the best tacos they have had. The Mexican Shredded Chicken for taco's recipe was delicious and nutritious! I have never cooked chicken in a crock pot, the results was awesome!!!
Crockpot shredded chicken tacos instructions
- Pour some salsa in crockpot as a bed for chicken. Lay chicken on bed, sprinkle some seasoning on top, add salsa and cilantro repeat if needed end with salsa. Cook on low 8 hours. Once done shred chicken will be super tender. NOTE: this can have endless add ons. I add onion, lime, garlic, and sometimes corn. This this is really one of those things the imagination is the limit. If you like it in a taco add it. Please enjoy and have fun cooking!!!.
The chicken was easy to shred with forks. I'm thinking of adding the shredded chicken to a tossed salad with a cilantro olive oil dressing. Cook and shred the chicken as the recipe calls for, and then taste and adjust the seasoning as you require. Serve with taco shells, chips, tortillas, and all your favorite taco toppings!. This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos creates flavorful, incredibly tender shredded chicken that works beautifully in a variety of Mexican dishes.