Mashed potato spring rolls. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, green beans and togarashi; season with salt and pepper. Baked mashed potato spring rolls combines the comforting flavours and textures of creamy mashed potatoes with a crisp crunchy layer of spring roll heaven. Serve with your favorite dip or sour cream.
If there are any air bubbles inside, the filling will ooze out of your wrappers and into the oil. This firms up the potatoes and dries out the wrappers a bit. I quickly came to the realization that all of the spring rolls I eat from then on should be filled with mashed potatoes and topped with lots of cheese and bacon. You can cook Mashed potato spring rolls using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed potato spring rolls
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potstoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 of green onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare of Premade wonton wrappers.
We ordered a salad and a few other things to share and they were good, I can never resist a chopped salad on any menu, but the highlight for me was definitely those spring rolls. Drain the potatoes and mash with butter, milk and sour cream. Stir in the bacon, cheese, green onion and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the front of the wrapper over the potatoes then bring each side over.
Mashed potato spring rolls instructions
- Add a small knob of butter to a small pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, just long enough to take away the raw garlic bite..
- Put the garlic, mashed potatoes, cheese and green onion in a mixing bowl, along with a good pinch of salt and a good pinch of ground white pepper. Fold the mash into itself several times until everything is combined..
- Form spring rolls using the wonton wrappers, and 1 1/2 tbsp of potato mixture at a time. There are many videos online on how to wrap spring rolls properly. You should end up with about 18 rolls. Put them in a freezer for 30 minutes to set..
- Fry the spring rolls using a deep fryer or a pan with 2 in vegetable oil on medium heat. Once they're golden brown, remove them to a paper-towel lined tray to drain. Serve hot with your favourite dip (mine is chipotle mayo)..
Add milk, butter, oil, sugar, egg and mashed potatoes; mix well. Stir in the salt, baking powder, baking soda and enough flour to form a soft dough. Mash potatoes until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and marjoram. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon bits and chopped chives.