Cast iron baked spaghetti. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking up any clumps of meat. Cast Iron Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Cooking in a cast iron pot / dish is not only easy but packed with health benefits not a lot of realize. For that reason alone is why I ONLY cook in a cast iron cookware!
Have you been wanting to host a romantic dinner at home for your spouse? My husband and I are super busy, so it appears the only time we can spend time together is when I plan a romantic dinner at home. One of our favorite meals to make is this Gluten Free Cast Iron Skillet Baked Spaghetti dish. You can cook Cast iron baked spaghetti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast iron baked spaghetti
- Prepare 3-4 cups of frozen or homemade meatballs.
- Prepare 3/4 pound of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 24 oz. of jar spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 of tabs olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan.
This baked spaghetti recipe comes from Lodge family member Kris Stubblefield, in honor of his great-grandmother. "This is the first dish I learned to make growing up. I still believe it to be the best spaghetti I've ever had," said Kris. Cast iron skillets are notoriously heavy, which is why Le Creuset's new Signature skillets feature a helper handle for easier lifting and added control when moving. I love the even heat distribution and superior heat retention of a cast iron skillet.
Cast iron baked spaghetti instructions
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Add in meatballs and brown.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook on low about 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate pan boil spaghetti noodle a couple minutes short of being done.
- Remove meatballs from the sauce and set aside.
- Scoop spaghetti noodles into the sauce and add about a half cup of starchy water. Mix thoroughly.
- Place meatballs on top of noodles and sauce. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 about 20 minutes.
Perfect for everything from searing steaks to Sunday morning pancakes. Skillet Baked Spaghetti couldn't be easier and I promise it's foolproof. I used a deep, well-used cast iron skillet for non-stick cooking and to hold all the ingredients without spill-overs. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in uncooked spaghetti and the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil.