Stove Top Beef Stew. Tender chunks of beef, vibrant veggies, and creamy potatoes all cook together in a deliciously seasoned sauce in one pot on the stove. This Classic Stovetop Beef Stew is a recipe that never goes out of style. This stove top beef stew is a winner in my book, and perfect for the cold winter nights up ahead!
In my humble opinion, beef stew is a staple recipe that everyone should have. And that recipe should be easy, delicious, and not take all day to make. Bonus points if it can be made in one pot. You can cook Stove Top Beef Stew using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stove Top Beef Stew
- It’s 2 lb of Lean Beef Stew Meat.
- It’s 4 large of Red Skin Potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of crinkle cut carrots.
- Prepare 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 2 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
The good news is this stove top beef stew recipe is just that. Stove top beef stew is a down home comfort in a bowl. It is a beef dish that is full of veggies and a hearty broth. You start by browning the meat and then you saute and soften your veggies.
Stove Top Beef Stew instructions
- Wash and pat dry Stew Meat.
- Season Stew Meat With Your Seasonings.
- Shake Stew Meat In Flour.
- Heat Cast Iron Skillet With Enough Canola Oil To Coat Bottom Of Skillet.
- Place Stew Meat In Skillet and Brown On All Sides. Remove Meat And Drain On Paper Towel. Wash Out Skillet And Put Stew Meat Back In Skillet..
- Pour 16oz Of Beef Stock In Skillet. Turn heat to mefium high and bring to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Clean and Cut up the potatoes in cubes keep skin on potatoes. Put potatoes and carrots into skillet stir into stew meat and gravy mix. Pour 4oz of beef stock in and lower heat to bring to a simmer..
- Cook rice according to directions on bag..
- Allow to simmer while stirring occasionally for 90 minutes or until your potatoes and carrots are tender..
- You can use the remaing stock if you would like a more brothy stew rather than a thicker gravy feel..
- Pour stew over rice and serve while hot..
Then everything is tossed together in one pot and simmered to perfection. Easy Stove Top Beef Stew is loaded with chunks of tender beef, sweet carrots, and juicy peppers. It is a hearty, healthy and delicious meal that makes great leftovers. We love making easy and delicious Beef Stews like our popular Instant Pot Beef Stew and Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes.