Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top or Instant Pot. Broccoli Cheese Soup is a universally loved classic. Unfortunately, most canned varieties contain unpronounceable, laboratory born ingredients.
But, I have since changed the post so much. I've added plenty of tips to help you make the best broccoli cheese soup ever, plus I've taken new pictures. This is the BEST Keto Broccoli And Cheese Soup recipe I've ever tried! You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- You need 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
There is a small difference in this recipe that makes a world of difference in the taste. Once you make it this way, you will never make it any other way. Keto broccoli cheddar soup is one fantastic creamy soup to serve up. Stir to coat broccoli with melted oleo and add salt & pepper to taste.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe step by step
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Transfer soup to bowls, garnish with reserved cheese, and serve immediately. Good for serving at luncheons or special gatherings with a quiche. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. Daughter said it had too much broccoli or not enough cheese – didn't know which.:) Anywayyyy I microsteamed it three minutes then allowed to cool. This recipe is a great holiday side dish but also perfect for any night of the week.