Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Brad's crock pot goat with Polynesian sauce.
This post is sponsored by Very Lazy. I have come down with a stinking cold. I don't get ill very often, maybe about once every five years; so when I do catch a cold it really hits me hard. You can have Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
- It’s of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, diced.
- You need 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of For the prawns.
- It’s 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- Prepare 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of ap flour.
- It’s of Lemon slices for garnish.
Heat coconut oil and add curry leaves, black mustard, chopped garlic, and green chilies (if using). The prawns previously marinated in red chili powder, turmeric, salt, and coriander powder are added now. Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. apricot pineapple preserves, small red onion, diced, brown sugar, white sugar, ketchup, yellow mustard, cider vinegar, white vinegar Maggie Conlon Martin. Crispy Chicken Nuggets in Coconut Cream Sauce.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce instructions
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Crunchy coconut shrimp / prawns with a spicy Thai MANGO dipping sauce! This sauce is so scrumptious I want to pour it over everything. On cooked meats, seafood, as a salad dressing….let your imagination run wild! Put the prawn on the prepared tray and repeat until all are coated, leaving space between each one. This healthy baked coconut prawns with dipping sauce recipe is great for sharing with friends, can be served as an appetiser or it could even be a main family meal too.