Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken. You can add some water halfway during the cooking process to help control grease splattering, in your oven. A family favorite, true comfort food, and an easy dinner recipe, Easy Southern Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken, has a crispy, fried to perfection crust, juicy, flavorful meat, fewer calories and less mess to clean up than classic fried chicken. This southern oven fried chicken recipe is simply the best.
Here's how to make my southern-style baked chicken, and as always, you'll find the full recipe text with an ingredient list, measurements, full instructions and a printable document a little further down the page. Just swipe or scroll past the step by step pictures. Oven-baked chicken recipes make life easier without sacrificing our favorite Southern flavors. You can cook Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken
- It’s 1 of preheated 425 degree oven.
- It’s 1 of roasting pan with wire rack.
- It’s 1 of instant read meat thermometer.
- It’s 1 of whole 4-5 lb roasting chicken.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of room temperature butter.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt to taste.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
Simply throw together your go-to ingredients and let the oven do the work. Learning how to bake chicken in the oven doesn't have to be complicated; there are so many options! While chicken breast recipes are great, we tend to go for the unexpected choice. Classic chicken pot pie, crispy chicken.
Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken instructions
- Refer to my Southern Style Brined Chicken recipe for the brining process..
- Salt and pepper inside of chicken cavity. Rub butter over all of chicken skin. Liberally salt and pepper the chicken all over the skin. Tie the legs and wings together with butchers twine. It helps to have two have two people doing this. Place chicken in roasting pan breast side up..
- Roast chicken at 425°F for the first 15 minutes. Then reduce oven to 350°F, and roast approximately 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees. You can add some water halfway during the cooking process to help control grease splattering, in your oven..
- Chicken will be perfectly done when internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees. That's why an instant read thermometer is important. Over cook and you have a tough and dry chicken..
- When chicken is done, remove and let rest uncovered for at least 20 minutes. If you cover with foil, your crispy skin is a soggy mess..Cut up as desired and enjoy..
- Feel free to add any extra herbs, and spices that you like. I have written this recipe as a guideline. Great for Turkey as well. With pork just as good. Adjust your internal temperature with a pork loin to 145°F internal temperature..
Brined Roast Chicken recipe: The secret to perfect roasted chicken is to brine the bird, let it air-dry in the fridge, then cook it first at high heat, then at moderate heat. Brining is an age-old technique that adds moisture and enhances taste by infusing the meat with flavor, rather than simply seasoning the skin. Air-drying insures a dry bird going into the oven and extra-crisp skin after. As some one who has lived all across the South, from Texas, to Maryland, to South Florida, and all in between, I would like to think I'm an expert when it comes to southern fried chicken. Place chicken, breast side down, on a cutting board.