Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling). The ground pork mixture (giniling) is simply made by sautéing garlic, onion, and tomato with the ground pork. Season it with salt and pepper towards the end. Initially cook the eggplant the same way we do when making tortang talong.
The eggplants are broiled or grilled until tender, skins are charred and blister appears. Traditionally prepared with just plain eggplant, (charred skin removed), flattened its meat with a fork then beaten egg are added. For this one, I added stir fried ground meat. You can cook Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- You need 3 cloves (10 grams) of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 piece (30 grams) of Onion.
- You need 175 grams of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 2 pieces (200 grams) of Eggplant.
- It’s 2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Prepare of Iodized Salt.
- It’s of Ground Black Pepper.
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelette is a popular Filipino breakfast that is simple, delicious and very affordable to make. The eggplant is pre-cooked (usually grilled), soaked in beaten egg and then fried. Tortang talong or eggplant omelette is probably one of the cheapest yet delicious dish that everyone loves. What more if you add some ground beef and cheese?
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) step by step
- Prepare the eggplant: Wash the eggplant in running water and dry. Get a fork and poke holes on the eggplant. Broil it in the oven until the skin turns brown and meat is soft. Peel off the skin (be careful as it very hot). Mash it a little bit using a fork until it flattens. Set aside. ©homebasedchef.
- Cook the meat filling: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Sauté the chopped garlic and red onion. Add in the ground pork and continue sautéing. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the pork turns light in color. Set aside..
- Prepare the egg mixture: Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the eggplant and mix with the egg in a mashing motion. Make sure to spread the eggplant to make space for the ground pork. Add the cooked pork on top and mix in the egg..
- Fry the omelette: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Hold the stem of the eggplant on one hand and hold the bowl/plate in the other hand. Slide the eggplant mixture into the pan carefully to maintain its form. Fry the omelette thoroughly on both sides..
- Repeat steps #3 and 4 for the remaining eggplant..
This tortang talong with beef giniling will definitely will bring your tortang talong to the next level. Tortang Talong is an eggplant omelet, usually with ground meat filling, and served with banana ketchup as dipping sauce. Ideally, the eggplant is first roasted on top of gas burners with the stem intact until soft but not mushy. The charred skin is then removed, and the eggplant pulp is mashed flat. Tortang talong, also known as eggplant omelette, is a Filipino omelette made by pan-frying grilled whole eggplants dipped in an egg mixture.