Grilled Huli Huli Chicken. Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is a five star recipe! The marinade is quick and easy and full of such amazing flavor! You will make this again and again!
We… I got this grilled huli huli chicken recipe from a friend while living in Hawaii. It sizzles with the flavors of brown sugar, ginger and soy sauce. This sweet and savory glaze is fantastic on pork chops, too. —Sharon Boling, San Diego, California This Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is the juiciest and most delicious Hawaiian chicken you'll ever try! You can cook Grilled Huli Huli Chicken using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- You need 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3/4 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sherry or chicken broth.
- You need 2-1/2 teaspoons of minced fresh gingerroot.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- You need of Value pack boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless breast(I did shish kabobs).
Great alone or served on rice or noodles!! We love grilling all kinds of things in the summertime, but especially meat! Steak, burgers, and best of all—chicken! Besides our classic go-to chicken marinade, we LOVE this grilled Huli Huli chicken!
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken instructions
- In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade..
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. ENJOY.
How To Make Huli Huli Chicken. Place chicken thighs in a gallon-sized Ziplock bag. Combine Huli Huli sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is a Hawaiian favorite. A simple teriyaki-style marinade gives this chicken so much flavor.