Hearty Beef in the Slow Cooker. Your family will love the home-style flavor of Hearty Beef Stew. For a quick start, trim the meat and cut the veggies into pieces the night before, then refrigerate until you're ready to start cooking. Remove from slow cooker and let rest, then slice and serve with vegetables.
If you want to get fancy, you can heat up a skillet and brown the heart very quickly on the skillet before it goes in the cooker. One of the best ways to keep the meat bill down is to use cheap, less popular cuts and organ meats. This slow cooker beef heart recipe makes it easy, and, it's a naturally gluten-free recipe!. You can have Hearty Beef in the Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef in the Slow Cooker
- You need 3 of carrots (diced).
- It’s 1 of parsnip (diced).
- You need 1 of leek (diced).
- Prepare 1 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 7 of potatos (cubed).
- You need 3 of off cut steaks (diced).
- You need of Beef Gravy Granules.
- It’s of Red wine.
- It’s of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare of Marmite.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of beef oxo cube.
We don't actually sell our beef hearts, because heart is Gabriel's favorite part. Slow-Cooker Beef Stew with Orzo This satisfying beef stew takes hardly any time to prep in the morning—and is ready to eat by the time you get home from work. MIX Seasoning Mix and water in bowl until blended. Pour over beef and vegetables; toss to coat well.
Hearty Beef in the Slow Cooker step by step
- Firstly, cut steaks into chunks.
- Next, chop all of the vegetables into chunks ready for the slow cooker. Once chopped add steak and veg into slow cooker..
- Lastly, mix the oxo, splash of wine, gravy granules, salt&pepper, mixed herbs, marmite and boiling water. Stir and pour onto the vegetables and steak..
- Pop the lid of your slow cooker on, set to LOW. Leave until ready to eat. I would recommend 6 hours on LOW or if in a rush 3 hours on HIGH.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker. Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles, parsley and seasonings into beef mixture. Put flour mixture into gallon-sized, zippered bag. Shake beef in bag to coat.