Green Bean Fries. These are tasty alternatives to both regular french fries and also a way to get in your veggies! I make them by the truckload and freeze them. My husband hates green beans but gobbles these up!
Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool in the water, then drain and pat dry. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. You can have Green Bean Fries using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Bean Fries
- You need 1 lb. of fresh green beans.
- It’s 1/3 c. of flour.
- Prepare 1 c. of Panko crumbs.
- It’s 1 c. of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of lg. eggs, beaten.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and olive oil and toss until evenly combined. Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries If you can bread a chicken breast cutlet, you can make super-crunchy green bean fries in your oven. It's the same concept: Dredge fresh trimmed beans in flour, dunk in egg wash, and then coat them with a combination of panko and cornmeal for a guaranteed crispy coating.
Green Bean Fries step by step
- Wash beans and pat dry with paper towels..
- Set up 3-container dredging station: 1) beaten eggs in shallow rectangular dish, 2) flour on paper plate, and 3) Panko, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on another paper plate..
- Dredge each green bean in flour, then egg, then Panko-parm mixture. When in the Panko mixture, bury the bean completely and press firmly with your palm so it adheres well..
- Set each dredged bean on baking sheet so they don't touch..
- Cooking methods (choose ONE): Oven bake: 400°F about 10 min. Air fryer: 350° about 8 min. Deep fryer: 350° about 3 min. (until golden brown).
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping condiment. (I prefer them without.).
The first time I heard of green bean fries I was in college having dinner with some girl friends and one of the girls ordered a huge basket of green bean fries as an appetizer. I loved how crispy they were on the outside, but how tender and full of flavor they were on the inside. How to BAKE Green Bean Fries: Use the same directions in terms of prepping and coating the green beans. Place green bean fries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries made with bread crumbs are oven roasted for the perfect crunchy appetizer.