Crock Pot Taco Meat. Crock Pot taco meat is perfect for parties! Not only does your slow cooker make family dinner time a breeze but it is great for parties or large crowds. We love to serve tacos for parties and using the crockpot makes it so easy.
I'm all about making things as easy on myself as possible. One of the meals we have quite often is taco's. Normally I just make the meat on the stove top, but decided I would try in the slow cooker but still make it super easy. You can cook Crock Pot Taco Meat using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Taco Meat
- You need 2 pounds of meat – ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (per every 2 pds of meat.).
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Taco seasoning (see my taco seasoning recipe) (2 tablespoon per every 2 pds of meat.).
Most people use ground beef, but ground chicken, pork or turkey also work. Since we aren't browning and draining, I like to use something with a low fat content. Sprinkle meat with homemade taco seasoning (or store bought) and add salsa, stir to coat. Crockpot Taco Meat – This taco meat makes dinner super simple!
Crock Pot Taco Meat step by step
- Place the ground meat (raw) in the crock pot..
- Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix..
- Cover and cook on high for 3 -4 hours until no longer pink. Use a spoon to break up the taco meat and serve. (drain any fat off the meat).
- Notes – I like to break up the taco meat 30 minutes before serving. Also, you could use frozen ground beef but you will need to cook on high for 7 hours. This can be done in an instant pot/ pressure cooker as well just add 1 cup of Beef stock and sever with a slotted spoon or try to cook the beef stock out using the sauté function..
- I did drain an fat off. Then I broken up the meat and mixed it up, as you can see I had a lot of fat !.
Only a handful of ingredients for delicious taco meat made right in the slow cooker and ready to go at supper time! We just got back from our trip to Chicago really late on Sunday night. Making taco meat in a crock pot will save you time and money, because you can use the taco meat for meals all week long! This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes! Whether you have been slow cooking for years or you're new to slow cooking meals, check out my slow cooker user's resource guide for slow cooker.